Tuesday 3 May 2011

Motherdom - Me today, tomorrow a Mum

So just over twelve months ago I gave up my blissful time, my precious body and the world of adult communication - sober and intoxicated! I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it, but I wouldn't give my Beautiful Boy (BB) up. I am hooked, even though some time it is a struggle to stay on the line, as I swallow the world of motherdom whole.

We have been through the fragile baby period, the laughing era and the movement stage, now we are looking into our little toddlers eyes and considering a little sibling for him. Even when he threw his first tantrum at the local swimming pool I was thinking about what a miracle reproduction is.  Yes I can barely get myself dressed in the morning without a few coffee's and my BB's first sleep, but being a mum makes me be a better human, and for that I am grateful. I no longer want to slide through the months and years I want to make every day count, even if it is making sure the worms have been fed, or watering the bonsai, I want my BB too learn consistency, compassion and integrity so he can live the life he wants every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment